Wednesday 27 April 2011

Mel B will judge Australian X Factor

Mel B is to become a judge on the Australian 'X Factor'.
 The former Spice Girls singer - who is due to give birth to her first child with husband Stephen Belafonte in June or July - will be replacing radio DJ Kyle Sandilands on the panel for the talent search show.
With filming commencing just weeks after the 35-year-old star is due to give birth, Mel will be joining
Boyzone star Ronan Keating and Australian singer Guy Sebastian in the hot seats.
She said: 'I love Australia and can't wait to see all the amazing talent the country has to offer.'
Meanwhile, the fourth and final judge - who will replace 'Torn' hitmaker Natalie Imbruglia - is yet to be announced, but it is widely rumoured former 'Neighbours' actress Natalie Bassingthwaighte will assume the role.
Mel - who also has two daughters, Phoenix, 12, and Angel, four, from previous relationships and is currently based in Los Angeles - recently hinted she would be taking over from Cheryl Cole on the UK version of the show.
The 35-year-old star said: 'I think I might be coming over for quite some time at some point next year. Well, I'm not going by myself, am I? The whole family is going to move, I think.
'I don't think I was meant to say that though. Oh sorry, pregnant brain, maybe that was a secret.'
Girls Aloud singer Cheryl is leaving her position on the British version to take a judging role on the upcoming US version along with show boss Simon Cowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment