Tuesday 3 May 2011

Carla Bruni pregnant

French First Lady Carla Bruni Fuels Pregnancy Rumors

French First Lady Carla Bruni fueled the rumors that she is pregnant in a Monday question-and-answer session. When asked by a Le Parisien reporter if the answer to whether she's expecting President Nicolas Sarkozy's baby would be known in six months, she giggled and said "Yes!"

The 43-year-old former model and singer, who has a role in the upcoming film Midnight in Paris, told
reporters she regretted not being able to go into detail about her personal life. "I would love to speak woman-to-woman of my family life, my personal dreams, of the details of certain things. Moreover I am very talkative. But here, in a way, I have my mouth sewn shut!"
Bruni, who has one ten-year-old son from a previous relationship, said she didn't want to discuss a subject that would overshadow her husband's political work. She said, as excerpted by Reuters: "[It's] not because of arrogance or a desire to be secretive. My lips are sealed to protect something and to protect all the work (Sarkozy) does. I would really like to talk about it, but then it would take over everything else... So I will not answer."
While she wouldn't answer definitively, she clutched a voluminous shawl to her stomach in every photograph taken by the paper and wore uncharacteristically loose clothing.
If Bruni is expecting, the baby would be Sarkozy's fourth child -- the 56-year-old has three sons from two former marriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment